Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor
Hardrockchina
Message 1 of 3 (445 Views)

ACT 2011 and Outlook 2007 contact sync problems

I'm running ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2 and Outlook 2007 on a Windows 7 system. I connect via PPTP with Outlook exchange. I'm trying to sync my ACT contacts to Outlook. (one way ACT to Outlook). When I start the sync the Act status bar goes quick showing gathering ACT contact then when it goes to getting Outlook contacts that's where things slow down. It took over 12 hours to sync. Both ACT and Outlook showed "not responding" several times. I'm running Norton 360 and and disabled it. No change same issues Any suggestions ??? One other question does the secondary contacts in ACT also sync to Outlook? Thanks!!
Please use plain text.
Platinum Super Contributor
gmartin
Message 2 of 3 (433 Views)

Re: ACT 2011 and Outlook 2007 contact sync problems

ACT! is designed to synchronize with the main 'Contacts' folder of a locally installed Outlook.pst file, if you are not connected to Exchange - can you still access your Outlook contacts? 

You can test the sync by creating a new Outlook profile > open Outlook with the new profile > attempt to sync ACT! and Outlook. 

Note: It is recommended to create a backup of your ACT! database and Outlook profile before synchronization.

Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.
amorant
Message 3 of 3 (207 Views)

Re: ACT 2011 and Outlook 2007 contact sync problems

Please use plain text.