02-11-2010 11:01 AM
Well, if you're in a real pinch, you could manually copy the files to a backup location. Granted, not pretty, but gets you where you need to be.
Shut down Act!.
In ActDiag, detach the database(s) desired to be copied.
Then copy the database .adf, .alf files and then also the 'database files' folder to your safe location.
After completion, logging into the database will re-attach the database for normal.
07-26-2011 11:56 AM
I have found with failed backups, you need to check the following:
In the database file folder (i.e. databasename-database files) there is a folder named Backup. When a backup is being created, a lot of temp backup files go in here - .bak files. Make sure this folder is empty - b/c ultimately you end up backing up all your back up files...and it can get huge. Plus - you don't want to backup to the folder.
Another thing - if your drives are partitioned - even if your D: drive has a lot of space - make sure the C: partition is also ok.
08-11-2013 12:13 PM
Also try to do a manual backup (File>Backup>Database) and uncheck the "Include Supplemental Files". If that works, then its likely Klock's post above (clearing files in the Database Files\Backups folder) will solve the issue.
08-11-2013 07:04 PM
Thank you for your replies.
I found that my "cloud" backups were causing interference with the local backup process for my ACT! database. What I did was to close down SpiderOak and Crashplan. With these closed the ACT! database was unlocked and I was able to complete the local backup process using ACT!.