Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
William.safarik
Message 1 of 7 (246 Views)

ACT 2005 premium, application has encountered an error Would you like to report the error?

An error message pops up and says "application has encountered an error.... Would you like to report the error?"

click YES or NO,  if you click NO then the ACT program opens up and logs you in. IF you click YES then the program closes and then a window pops up and says to report the error, I have done that and nothing has happened. 

Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 2 of 7 (232 Views)

Re: ACT 2005 premium, application has encountered an error Would you like to report the error?

Hello William,
What version of Windows do you have ACT! 2005 installed on?

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

William.safarik
Message 3 of 7 (231 Views)

Re: ACT 2005 premium, application has encountered an error Would you like to report the error?

I have it installed on windows server 2003 and all the other desktops are windows XP and 7

ghollister
Message 4 of 7 (228 Views)

ACT! 2005 is not supported on Windows 7, so you may have issues there. For those machines you may to disable User Account Control in Windows 7. Instructions are here:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25665/kw/25665

Greig Hollister
Sage

William.safarik
Message 5 of 7 (225 Views)

the problems are on XP machines and it also shows up on the server as well, windows server 2003

every time someone logs in it shows the error, application has encountered an error Would you like to report the error! click YES or NO

Please need help so this does pop up anymore

ghollister
Message 6 of 7 (224 Views)

[ Edited ]

If it's happening on multiple machines, then it would seem to be either caused by a recent Windows update, network update or update to your firewall/anti-virus; or damage to your database. You can test the latter by seeing if you can open the demo database (ACT7Demo).

Greig Hollister
Sage

William.safarik
Message 7 of 7 (217 Views)

I logged in as the Demo and it gave me the same error on the server, windows server 2003 running AVG

any suggestions