04-29-2012 01:08 PM
A couple of questions regarding Internet Sync.
1) Can I use Sage ACT Premium 2012, or do I need Sage ACT Premium Web version?
2) Does just the server pc require it, or all computers?
2) I set up IIS for Windows 7 64bit Home Premium. It says it installs. Do I need to go to atleast Professional, or how can I confirm that it is indeed installed?
3) I am unable to find the following programs to set up my firewall:
SQLSERVR - Not in the \Microsfto SQL Server
SQlBrowser no 90 folder
PsiService: No Protexis folder
Am I missing anything? Trying to do this on a small scale because web hosting is out of the question right now, due to all of the custom fields that are in my database.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
04-29-2012 01:23 PM
04-29-2012 01:27 PM
1) I bought Sage Premium 2012. For further clarification - Do I need the web version or the normal version to connect to my database on just the server, or all of the pcs (i.e., I have 3 computers that need to connect to the database. Do I need all 3 computers running the Premium 2012 for web version, or just the server?)
Sage Act Premium 2012 is currently installed, and I was unable to find the aforementioned files to set up in the firewall.
When I called around to get webhosting, they told me that there would be an additional charge to configure my database if I wanted to add a lot of custom fields.
04-29-2012 02:01 PM
04-29-2012 03:34 PM
I'm still a little bit stumped, but let me rephrase the question:
I have two PCs at my location that need to sync and I also have two that need to sync via internet (two different locations). So a total of four computers need to sync to a single database.
I've looked through probably 15 different KBs from the Sage knowledge base on how to set this up. I am unable to sync them either via LAN or Internet.
Is there a general 'walk-through' (for lack of a better term) to get this set up in my own location?
04-29-2012 04:29 PM
04-29-2012 05:23 PM
I've been given inaccurate information by a couple of those consultants just trying to get a sale at the link you gave me. I would have preferred a few KB to look through as a bit of help.
04-30-2012 08:22 PM
Here is one link that should answer your questions
The link below discuss the difference between sharing and synching a database, it also provides links on how to share a database over the network as well as setting up the different synch scenarios
Hope this helps with your questions