Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
rlmoose
Message 1 of 3 (790 Views)

2008 Prem v10 - remote sync - not enough status sent

We are currently using 10.0.3.182 with 10 Licenses.  2 Publisher DB's and 6 remote users.  2 of my remote users have intermittent problems when attempting to sync with the main DB (either of them).  All other users seem to have no problems at all (I, myself, am remoting from a DSL line thru a VPN).  We have talked with Tech Support several times (for SEVERAL HOURS) and, of course, are told to run thru all the ACTDIAG steps to "see" if it fixes the problem because they have no idea what could cause it and don't seem to have any history of this occurring with anyone else.

Here is what I know

A)  We are all running the same version / hot fix / schema #;s dates all match

B)  The "bad" remote user can sync without problems at 10:00 am and then get the sync error an hour later (see copy of sync log below)

C)  When checking the Main DB's sync log - the last entry is "server initialized"

D)  The dates in the Detailed Sync Report (from ACTDIAG) do not match up with the "Last Sync Date" in the Manage Database section of the Sync Panel

Here is the log from one of the "bad" remote users

======== SYNC SESSION - 1/27/2009 10:55:38 AM ========

[ Info | 1/27/2009 10:55:38 AM ]Message: Sync remote client created.

[ Info | 1/27/2009 10:55:38 AM ]Message: Checking if schema changes are available for sync.

[ Info | 1/27/2009 11:00:50 AM ]Message: Client establishing synchronization with server database: TLN8

[ Info | 1/27/2009 11:01:02 AM ]Message: Initial Handshake completed.

[ Info | 1/27/2009 11:01:02 AM ]Message: Checking if data changes are available for sync.

[ Info | 1/27/2009 11:01:07 AM ]Message: Client initialized database send session: 4

[ Info | 1/27/2009 11:01:25 AM ]Message: Client initialized.

[ Info | 1/27/2009 11:01:25 AM ]Message: Client schema synchronized.

[ Info | 1/27/2009 11:02:07 AM ]Message: Server initialized.

[ Info | 1/27/2009 11:02:08 AM ]Message: Server schema synchronized.

[ Error | 1/27/2009 11:08:49 AM ]Message: File synchronization failed.

[ Error | 1/27/2009 11:08:49 AM ]Message: Synchronization has failed. Server Error Description: Agent Facade failed to apply changes. Status Manager failed to apply statuses. Not enough status sent

Does ANYONE have any ideas?????  Both users have information in their Remote Databases that are vitally important and I'm reluctant to just create a new rermote DB for them to use and lose 2-3 weeks worth of data....

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
newatatc
Message 2 of 3 (781 Views)

Re: 2008 Prem v10 - remote sync - not enough status sent

I would focus on getting ANY sycn you can - then work on why it wont sync the way you wantit to...can you hook the pc to your office network and try to get a sync (as I gather you are trying to sync over a vpn) if those users are local get them to come into the office and try that -- alternately if they are in remote cities - have them upload or email there dbase -- then load that on a test PC and try to sync....
Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
drmiller
Message 3 of 3 (322 Views)

Re: 2008 Prem v10 - remote sync - not enough status sent

[ Edited ]

I thought I would tie up some threads on the same subject (especially given that all threads are displayed in Google).  I'm hoping to get help or resolve this same issue myself and will update my own thread on this subject if I manage to...

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Synchronization-failed-Server-Error-Agent-Facade-failed-to-appl...

Please use plain text.