Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
itgeekuk
Message 1 of 6 (424 Views)

123-Sync and Act 2010

We are about to Deploy 123 Synchronizer to our environment. The Goal is to synchronize our Contacts, Calendar and notes from ACT into Our Blackberries and Vice Versa.

We have around 30 Act Users which 15 -20 are Remote Users with there own Remote Database which they sync with the Main database every couple of days.

Currently our plan is to Deploy a new Server to act as the 123-Sync Server which will Sync With out Main Act Database.

What effect will the Remote Synchronization have on the 123-Sync sync and Vice Versa.

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 2 of 6 (420 Views)

Re: 123-Sync and Act 2010

You might be best off asking this of the guys at 123.

It certainly seemed ok when I did some testing of it as part of this article:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/05/getting-act-on-your-phone.html
But I didn't fully test remote ACT! sync with the mix... I have tested that with Handheld Contact, which works fine
Please use plain text.
itgeekuk
Message 3 of 6 (418 Views)

Hi Thanks,

I have asked them and they said to ask ACT. 

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 4 of 6 (393 Views)

Please use plain text.
Nickel Contributor
rosevear
Message 5 of 6 (312 Views)

The issue you will experience will be related tot he couple of days between syncs for your remote users, 123 Sync will be set-up on the master database and if someone enters an appointment in the remote database it will not appear in their PDA until they sync ACT. You woul dneed to get everyone to sync more regularly.
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand
Please use plain text.
123SyncProblems
Message 6 of 6 (79 Views)

123 Synchronizer is a great concept, but it lacks longevity (had issues inside 30days).  Software can have its problems, but trying to find a resolution to these problems is on your dime.  The "email support” provided for a one-year license is lack luster to say the least.  The support team (one man) does not have the capacity to rectify the problem(s) via email.  It's essentially their way of  introducing you to the link below.  Unless you have an in house IT group or deep pockets, I'd recommend going another route, as it adds up!

http://123sync.com/123-sync-support-purchase

Please use plain text.