Roboticexile
Message 1 of 4 (788 Views)

Lookup and display pop-up using TAPI

Good evening,

I've been put in charge of fixing up a system at work that's not working as it should. We have Avaya phones connected by Adaptive desktop, which in turn does a lookup in Act! when a call is received. However, this causes Act! to open over any work being done, and is just generally irritating. I have got some C# to create a message box (similar to that sen when receiving Outlook e-mails), and want to display the lookup result in it with the option to click and open the act contact entry. For example:

John Doe

The idea is that the message will fade after 15 seconds of the start of the call, or the disconnection of the phone. Whichever comes first.

I will paste the contents of the lookup macro when I get to work in the morning, however, does anyone know how I can keep Act! minimised, and retrive the contact name and number to display in the message box, as well as the ability to click and open Act!? I'm very new to this, and any help would be very gratefully received.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Please use plain text.
Roboticexile
Message 3 of 4 (751 Views)

Re: Lookup and display pop-up using TAPI

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I tried downloading & installing itDial 4 times earlier today (downloading a new copy each time), but to no avail. The installer would simply refuse to appear, minimising itself to the taskbar.  This is why I am trying to code something from scratch.

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 4 of 4 (749 Views)

Re: Lookup and display pop-up using TAPI

Please use plain text.