Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
jth_92
Message 1 of 2 (523 Views)

How to override ACT! UI Objects

My goal was to use the Act.UI.UIContactManager.PopUpShowContacts(cl) where cl is the contact list and application is ActApplication object and place it in a tabnavigator control; however, I kept getting object reference not set to an instance of an object error and cannot add top-level control error. Thus, I changed the design and am now binding the contact list to a datagridview. Now my goal is to show the lookup popup and get the new contact list to update my datagridview not the ACT interface. For example, when I use the following code:

Act.Framework.MutableEntities.MutableEntityFieldDescriptor mefd = application.ActFramework.Contacts.GetFieldDescriptor("TBL_CONTACT.COMPANYNAME", true);
    application.UILookupManager.ShowLookupContacts(mefd);

Act.Framework.MutableEntities.MutableEntityFieldDescriptor mefd = application.ActFramework.Contacts.GetFieldDescriptor("TBL_CONTACT.COMPANYNAME", true);    application.UILookupManager.ShowLookupContacts(mefd); 

It shows a popup which is what I want, but on submit it shows the results in the ACT! Contact List View.

Thus, there are 2 parts to my question:

1.) How do I override the application.UILookupManager.ShowLookupContacts to get the contact list and not change the application view if it is possible?

2.) How do I add the Contact List View Pane to my own Windows form object?

The first question being a higher priority. If it is not possibe, how do I search my contact list and update my datagridview?

I'm using C#.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Bronze Super Contributor
vivek
Message 2 of 2 (458 Views)

Re: How to override ACT! UI Objects

Hiya,

I presume you are using the ActAppication Object within a plugin. If you are then you can easily get the current ContactList via:

oActApp.ApplicationState.CurrentContactList;

which returns a ContactList Object which you can set as the DataSource for your DataGridView object.

HTH

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Please use plain text.