martinc
Message 1 of 3 (259 Views)

Field aliases

In my continued endeavors to build a plugin, I am trying to find a list of field aliases. So far:

• ADDRESS_1 works but ADDRESS_2 and ADDRESS_3 don't
  • CITY and STATE work, but COUNTRY and ZIPCODE don't

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find the aliases? The context of the code is below:

Act.Framework.Contacts.ContactFieldDescriptor ocEmailZ = ActApplication.ActFramework.Contacts.GetContactFieldDescriptor("E-MAIL", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias);

Bronze Super Contributor
vivek
Message 2 of 3 (254 Views)

Re: Field aliases

You can get a full Entity Field list from ActDiag.exe. Database Reports->dB Structure->Field List to CSV

HTH

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
martinc
Message 3 of 3 (228 Views)

Re: Field aliases

Thanks for that - a useful guide. I was still having difficulties trying to get the following fields:

• ADDRESS_2
  • ADDRESS_3
  • COUNTRY

In the field list, those are the correct aliases, and ADDRESS_1, CITY, STATE and ZIP_CODE all work fine. The 3 fields above however, return an error message of (example): "Error retrieving the ADDRESS_2 address (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)"

I later discovered that if the field value is empty (e.g. there is no value in ADDRESS_2), then the object reference error will appear. So, if you get the exact message above (albeit with the relevant field name), then first check if the field has any value in it.