Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
inconcert
Message 1 of 1 (494 Views)

Custom Dashboard help

Hello,

I am trying to create a custom dashboard module that displays weekly contact logs & hours per user from a dropdown list of all users. I believe that I have the sql written correctly to do so, the problem is that I can't test this out because our dashboard can't seem to connect to the database.

We have a local windows 2003 server with the act database, our employees open this from their local act installations. We have no problems connecting to this db in act except for in the dashboard view. No information is loaded in any of the default dashboards, and when working on a custom dashboard via the editor I get this message:

"GetOleDBSchema Table requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed."

I can only assume that for whatever reason the dashboard view is looking for the database locally instead of on our server. Any ideas on how to handle this? I can't seem to figure it out.

I appreciate any help, thank you.