Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor
ramjet
Message 1 of 2 (2,092 Views)

Attachments I Give! Sage you got me AGAIN!

[ Edited ]

When I open a form such as notes or history I can traverse every field in the form and only ocassionally do I have to cast an object to get to it's value for validation but the attachment file name and the attachment file path are killing me. HOW do I get at these values? I can see how to delete an attachment, add a new filename and path and save but to get at what is currently there??? Going at it via the form is frustrating as I can see the values I want to get at but can't figure out how to get to them as the Cast I want to use Sage doesn't provide in the API so far as I can tell.

Debugger Screen Shot

Message Edited by ramjet on 02-17-2009 04:54 PM
Was this post helpful? If so please take a moment to learn a little bit about my ACT! products for yourself or resell to your clients.

Thank You
JB

http://www.axciant.com/act/actrecordescape.asp
Copper Contributor
Carlton_Jones
Message 2 of 2 (2,065 Views)

Re: Attachments I Give! Sage you got me AGAIN!

If I understand your question correctly this could help.

This is framework level and not UI but have you looked into the 'Act.Framework.SupplementalFiles' namespace?

Admittedly, I haven’t looked in this area for some time but maybe some of the ‘Attachment’ class properties are what you are looking for?

HTH,

Carlton Jones
Sage Software