Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act for Web - Show Contact/Company GUID

Act for Web - Show Contact/Company GUID

We have a custom quoting platform which we use alongside a deployment of Act Premium for Web. 

I have programmed the quoting platform to retrieve data based on the GUID for the record using the Act API which works. 

The only issue is that there is no easy way to get the GUID for the record to show in the web browser layout...

(I plan on asking the staff to copy the GUID into the lookup function on the quoting platform.)

Now if you click on a contact in the list view the GUID come up in the page url ..../contactdetail.aspx?id=[guid here],

but if you click on next/previous record << >> buttons the GUID stays the same and the record content just changes.

I have looked at Exponenciels UniqueID to field plugin which works on the application but not for act on the web. 

There are several instances of the GUID within the source of the web app but it would be useful to be able to show it on the layout then the end user can just copy and paste it into our quote platform. 

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Mark

Bronze Contributor

Re: Act for Web - Show Contact/Company GUID

It this APFW installation Hosted by ACT, a third party hosting service or self hosted (set up on a Server your company controls)?
Best Regards,
Terry Williams
TMW Consulting
Sacramento, CA

It is self hosted on our own server.

Bronze Contributor

Your timing on this request is not great. Almost every ACT Certified Consultants in US and a few of our overseas friends are in AZ for our annual conference. That being said, Len Kamerman (ACC) created a free add-on that would copy the contact GUID into a field, I think that may help. I have not used it in some time. Here is his email address: info@yourcrmhero.com

Product is called GUID2Field.

Here is a description:

GUID2Field is a free addon produced by Hero Technical Solutions.

This addon is designed to make exporting and importing data easier by taking the internal GUID and copies it into a field of your choice. The GUID is the ID ACT! uses to identify a record; every record has one and they are all unique. This is extremely useful if you have to, say export your data to Excel, clean it up or update it, and then bring it back in because it gives you a single fiend that you can use to match records.
The addon works for Contacts, Companies, Groups and Opportunities and it is recommended that you create a new character field of 40 characters in length to store the GUID.
Best Regards,
Terry Williams
TMW Consulting
Sacramento, CA
Highlighted

Hi Thanks for this, 

I did email them as their download link was not working.  I will try them again to see if they can send me a working link.

Kind Regards