Please use plain text.
Nickel Super Contributor
lkamerman
Message 12 of 19 (1,628 Views)

Re: ACT to iPhone

A couple of us ACC's have written on using ACT! remotely on an iPad via LogMeIn or RDP.  The techies among us are likely already familiar with this, but for anyone else reading, you can link to most of those materials from here:

http://www.yourcrmhero.com/blog/bid/52753/ACT-on-iPad-Using-LogMeIn-or-Remote-Desktop

Hope that's helpful!

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Hero's ACT!-Packed Blog: www.yourcrmhero.com/blog

Check out our ACT! AddOns or get three free ACT! Advanced Training videos
Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 13 of 19 (1,625 Views)

Len,

Doesn't the requirement of internet access for this defeat the purpose?

Not all iPads have 3G and, even with, means you can't work on your data on a plane or in many regional areas.
Please use plain text.
Nickel Super Contributor
lkamerman
Message 14 of 19 (1,625 Views)

To clip from my reply elsewhere...

I guess if you're flying so often or selling out in the sticks, wireless solutions aren't great, but seriously how many notes are the majority of users going to put in while they're on the plane?  I can't remember the last time I was out of WiFi or 3G coverage - even my last camping trip had a signal (not that I try to make a habit of doing business while camping!)

I'm not saying it's a perfect solution, but it's worked well for us at Hero and I consider it a viable option, giving me full access to ACT! and a lot of data and functionality that sync solutions don't.

That said, I'm all over HHC for iPhone/iPad once that calendar view is available.

Len Kamerman

Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 15 of 19 (1,616 Views)

Len... the biggest reason people say they want iPhone on Verizon is the poor connectivity they get in many areas via AT&T.

It's not just the sticks, it the many areas within metro areas that you can't connect ... and this is very frustrating if you can't get that phone number / address when you need it.

I just think it's important to inform users that the need to decide if they'll have a problem relying on the data when the internet might not be available to them
Please use plain text.
Nickel Super Contributor
lkamerman
Message 16 of 19 (1,590 Views)

You're correct, but I'm working with the assumption that my audience is smart enough to realize that this solution is going to rely on a decent available WiFi or 3G signal.

Len

Len Kamerman

Please use plain text.
Please use plain text.
Nickel Super Contributor
lkamerman
Message 18 of 19 (1,573 Views)

Wow - for all the time you spend in the forums and other places I'd not have expected you to insult ACT! users like that.

I done with this thread, though I am pretty sure you'll have to get a last word in.

Len Kamerman

Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 19 of 19 (1,556 Views)

It's not an insult, Len.

It's simply a statement that, with the experience of having supported so many in these forums, that most ACT! users are not technical enough to grasp that.

It is fortunate that ACT! is designed for users to concentrate on their work and not the technical aspects of the product ... or they use ACT! Consultants.
Please use plain text.