Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Elite Contributor
pregen
Message 1 of 7 (1,597 Views)

SQL Chart Controls for ACT 2012

With version 2012 of ACT, the great SQL chart controls contributed by Allen stopped working.  With his permission, we got them working.  The file attached as the controls fixed for OLEDB1 and OLEDB2.  Unzip them into the Tools folder under ACT\ACT for Windows in Program Files.

There is one other thing thrown in there.  We had a client that needed to have a button on a Dashboard that would dump a list to Excel.  The two files that are extra are EgenConsulting.Dashboard.Datachart.dll and ZedGraph.dll.  These reside in the same Tools folder.  This is a work in progress - it only does the Excel button.  It only works for lists.  You can use the filter commands that are documented in the ACT.Dashboard.Datachart.xml.  There is no Activequerybuilder like in the SQL chart control - yet.  It only works for lists - so far.  Stay tuned. I thought I would throw it in for grins.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Please use plain text.
Tuned Listener
rharper
Message 2 of 7 (1,555 Views)

Re: SQL Chart Controls for ACT 2012

Thanks for that, WE have found that the Build SQL doesnt work... So we need to build on an older Version then attach them to 2012 SP1

Reece harper

Act! Certified Consultant Australia
http://www.databasepartners.com.au
Please use plain text.
Copper Super Contributor
traybeme
Message 3 of 7 (1,469 Views)

Pat-

the Build SQL button doesn't do anything in the custom control, is there other software I need for this to work?  I purchased  your manual and am trying it out!

Tamara Traylor
New Ideas Consulting Inc
Please use plain text.
Nickel Elite Contributor
pregen
Message 4 of 7 (1,459 Views)

Tamara, thanks for catching this.  I uploaded Version 1 by mistake.  Oops.  Here's a version that works fine - you must be on ACT 2012 SP1.  Just unzip the file into the Tools folder under ACT for windows in the Program Folder.

Patricia Egen
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Please use plain text.
Copper Elite Contributor
klock
Message 5 of 7 (1,424 Views)

Hey Pat - I am still using 2011 (yes, I know) - and have been using the TopLine Dashboards more because my ACT! dashboards are all in French...would the v2011 version of dashboard controls fix this?

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com
Please use plain text.
Nickel Elite Contributor
pregen
Message 6 of 7 (1,403 Views)

Kris, the control won't fix the "everything in French" thing.   That was fixed by a hotfix, if memory serves me.  This KB - 27638 - has the download link.

Patricia Egen
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Please use plain text.
Bronze Super Contributor
benhamilton
Message 7 of 7 (1,227 Views)

Is there any way to make the rows in these dashboards 'clickable'?

i.e.

if I get a list of contact records back, can I click the entry for 'jane doe' and be taken to her contact record?

Ben Hamilton | ACT! CRM Certified Consultant at Evolution Marketing Services | P: +61 7 3423 3551 | LinkedIn
Please use plain text.