Sellingbabe
Message 31 of 46 (753 Views)

Re: ACT application for Ipad

I just downloaded the connect and the same logo or ap that is on the pc was on my phone, and if I needed a phone, all of my 1700 contacts were on my phone, and my calendar was updated all I had to do was hit the green logo and it would update first contacts and then calendar  So simple, but if I put in a contact and uploaded, it was there when the pc updated.  Because the mobile screens are small it makes it more difficult to sign in, and when you want to make a call, you want to make a call not wait for the phone to connect, add the passwords and then try to see where it is.  Please make this work as nicely.

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 32 of 46 (751 Views)

The functions you are describing are pretty much the same in the HTML-5 client. But with the HTML-5 client, you don't have to wait for a contact and calendar sync to the portal to complete - the data from the portal is immediately available. And anything you enter on your phone goes directly to the portal and will be available in ACT! after you sync your PC to portal.

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.
Sellingbabe
Message 33 of 46 (748 Views)

yes but you have to go to the cloud for every phone number, where on the blackberry it was in the contacts.  Major difference.

Please use plain text.
ghollister
Message 34 of 46 (747 Views)

Yes, it is. Unfortunately, Apple does not like to share technology so right now we don't have an app that can directly access the iPhone's contacts and calendar.

Greig Hollister
Sage

Please use plain text.
Sellingbabe
Message 35 of 46 (738 Views)

Thank you, now go tell them in the office so that everyone doesn't spend days trying to get it to work and updating older versions, nothing more frustrating, look forward to the day that you can do it,  hard to go on line while driving the car so have to transfer numbers I use a lot.  read your press release on the ap because it says iphone and ipad as well as android. 

Please use plain text.
rbaron
Message 36 of 46 (713 Views)

why not create formatted text that can then create a ical appointment in an iphone?  For example, in an email someone sends you a request to meet, if it is formatted with a date and time, it will highlight and allow you to add the calendar appointment to your calendar.  Can you create something that does this?

Please use plain text.
ckramer
Message 37 of 46 (688 Views)

2 mobile Devices

I have ACT 2012 on my laptop and Sage Act Connect for my EVO 4G Droid.  It synchs wonderfully.  My question is my wife has IPAD 2 and I am wondering if I can synch my calendar to her IPAD 2 in addition to my Droid?

Please use plain text.
ghollister
Message 38 of 46 (687 Views)

Re: 2 mobile Devices

Hello ckramer,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. I can't speak for the iPad calendar, but if you are both accessing/using the same ACT! calendar, you should both be able to see the same ACT! activities. She should be able to view them through the Sage ACT! Connect HTML-5 mobile client (www.sageconnect.com/mobile).

Greig Hollister
Sage

Please use plain text.
Astute Commentator
RobertPattinson
Message 39 of 46 (649 Views)

Handheld Contact has worked on the iPad since last year ... The new full screen UI for iPad has been available since 3.5 last month
Cool iPad 3 Cases | Cool iPad 2 Cases
Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
ACTwiz
Message 40 of 46 (643 Views)

have you see
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/itract-for-act!/id489022794?mt=8
Much better iPad UI than HHC,
Please use plain text.