Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Charles
Message 1 of 7 (745 Views)

ACT! Connect doesn't work after Ice Cream Sandwich

Hi guys, Connect has been working OK, then yesterday my Nexus S Android phone updated itself to Ice Cream Sandwich v 4.0.3 Now I continually get the message "Unfortunately, Sage ACT! Connect Sync has stopped." Re-installed without success.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 2 of 7 (728 Views)

Re: ACT! Connect doesn't work after Ice Cream Sandwich

[ Edited ]

Hello Charles,
The Sage ACT! Connect service has not been tested and certified for the Android 4.0 O/S. This system just came out and is currently used on only a handful of devices. We will do testing to determine if any changes need to be made and post an update on this board when more information becomes available.

Thank you,

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
tsmegg1974
Message 3 of 7 (698 Views)

I am having the same issue with my new Nexus, and things were running so great with my previous Droid 2.  Hopefully Sage will upgrade their App soon as a lot of devices will be moving to Ice Cream Sandwich.  I can't dictate what phone to use based on one after market App.

Please use plain text.
Copper Super Contributor
bbalsley
Message 4 of 7 (598 Views)

Hi,

Try hitting the Sage ACT! Connect site directly from your Android's browser to access your Sage ACT! data through our new mobile client at www.sageactconnect.com\mobile. This will provide you direct access to your data without the need to sync your device.

Brandon Balsley

Director, Product Management, Sage ACT!|
Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
tsmegg1974
Message 5 of 7 (596 Views)

It is great that you now have the /mobile site to access the informaiton direct, but that is still several extra steps, instead of just accessing my Calendar on Android.  We'd love to see Sage update the App to accomodate Ice Cream Sandwich.  Thanks!

Please use plain text.
gersh
Message 6 of 7 (586 Views)

Hi,

just have the same problem after i got the update to ICS for my HTC Sensation. Before everything work fine - now Connect crash just after starting on my android.

This mobile website may be a quick help but no solution at all. I need the dates and contacts in my android calender / contacts and not by surfing to an extra page by my browser.

Dear Support ... ICS is not a brand new thing. It is still on market for a while and a lot of smartphones have been updated during several weeks. ACT is a software for busines users - even your apps should be professional too. Most of the free fun apps still run with ICS, why not also ACT Connect? Even the ACT Connect is not for free.

As I wrote before: For me a professional solution is only ACT Connect. I need calendar and contacts synced on my android calender and contact application - NOT by surfing to and logging in a website. If this should be your future plan I will be quicker using the old analog filofax.

Regards

gersh

Please use plain text.
gersh
Message 7 of 7 (528 Views)

Hi community,

I am realy a bit disappointed about Sage not getting a significant answer to my problem with ACT!Connect.
After I got the update to Android 4.0 (ICS) for my HTC smartphone, the SageACTConnect app crash just after starting. So I am not able to use all my contacts and calendar datas in my Android Contact- / Calendar applications directly.

After I sent this problem to Sage (several times), I just got the answer "use our new HTML5 client".
Do you mean the website www.sageactconnect.com/mobile ?
I this your new HTML5 client?
I this your new roadmap to use ACT! on mobile devices?

I am very interested about the opinions of other ACT!  user !

My opinion:

It is no progress when I have to start a browser, surfing to a website, loging in first to use my business datas.
It is much more user-friendly and up-to-date to use contacts and calendar with the Android applications directly - as I could do with Android 3.x before. Anyway Act! connect is a commercial (liable to pay) service!

The only advantage could have Sage: No steady service for an app for serveral operating systems.

I would be glad to get a official statement at least  - like this:

- we are working on an app-uptate for ICS (publication date?)

- sorry customers, we will not support the app anymore, use our mobile-website

If the last point will be the future, I could use the time to look for an other business (calender/contact) software. Maybe switching back to MS Outlook again.

Any suggestions/opinions from other customers?

Kind regards

gersh

Please use plain text.